Q) Can I rent from you and leave the vehicle somewhere else?
A) One-way rentals are not generally available. However, under certain circumstances, it may be possible to leave a vehicle at a pre-arranged destination. A collection charge will apply in these instances. Ask our rental staff for details.

Q) Can I take your vehicle abroad?
A) Yes, with our prior consent. Special terms apply for taking vehicles outside the U.K. Our rental staff will be pleased to provide you with full details.

Q) What documents will I need to provide when hiring a vehicle from you?
A) You will need to bring your complete U.K. driving licence and have held a full driving licence for at least two years.
Drivers holding the new photocard driving licence or the old Paper Driving Licence MUST produce the licence and provide FVTH access to the online Driving Licence Information which can be accessed by UK Driving Licence holders (excluding Northern Ireland licence holders)at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

The code to access the driving record must be given within 21 days (but no earlier) of the vehicle being collected. For full details of how to access the online information please go here.

The Driving Licence Paper Counterpart is no longer acceptable as confirmation of a drivers history and was renedered obsolete as of 8th June 2015

Without this, we are unable to hire to you. If you hold a foreign driving licence, you must present this together with an International Driving Licence. In addition to your driving licence, you will need to present two other means of identification. These must include either a recent utilities bill, or an official letter, showing your current address.

Q) What happens if I break down?
A) In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we have arrangements with ALL major roadside assistance companies. In order to speed up your recovery we deal with the breakdown personally. Our 24 hour breakdown number is 01276 36401

Q) Do I need a special licence to drive a large van or mini bus?
A) You may drive vehicles up to and including 7.5 ton GVW on your normal driving licence. For all vehicles in excess of 7.5 ton GVW, you will require the relevant HGV licence. NB. Any vehicle exceeding 7.5 ton may only be hired to you on your own insurance.
Drivers who passed their driving test since January 1997 are ONLY eligible if they have passed a seperate HGV test. Please note that this also applies to vehicles exceeding 9 seats, i.e. minibuses. If you passed your test prior to January 1997, you may drive up to a 9 seat vehicle, but post January 1997 see’s the 9 seat clause being imposed. If you are unsure of what vehicles you are eligible to drive, please click on the following link to find out more https://www.gov.uk/driving-a-minibus

Q) How old do I have to be to drive one of your vehicles?
You can drive our vehicles between the ages of 25 and 75 years of age.

Q) I wish to be met at one of the London Airports. Is this possible?
A) Take advantage of our meet and greet service. Hirers may by prior arrangement be met at the major London Airports. Please note a charge is applicable for this service. Please ask our rental staff for details.